What is Musashi Bulk Mass Gain?
Musashi Bulk Mass Gain is the ideal lean mass gaining supplement. Packed with 26 grams of protein, 22 grams of carbohydrates, and 223 calories per serving, Musashi Bulk Mass Gain is ready to help you pack on lean muscle mass without the fat gain.
- Features a whey protein blend with concentrate and isolate
- Provides a middle-ground for carb content, making it an ideal post-workout shake
- Offers a complete vitamin and mineral spectrum
- Ideal for lean mass gain (more on that below)
Why You Should Use Musashi Bulk Mass Gain
Musashi Bulk Mass Gain is a unique protein supplement in that it promotes bulk but not the type of bulk you'd expect. With only 223 calories and 26 grams of protein per serving, Musashi Bulk Mass Gain isn't your typical maltodextrin-loaded gainer. It's built to promote muscle gains while minimizing fat gains. If you're trying to put on as much weight as possible with no regard for how much weight comes from body fat, then Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer may be what you're looking for.
We recommend using it right after a workout as it has a high protein content and enough carbohydrates to keep cortisol in check. (1-7)
Things to Watch Out for with Musashi Bulk Mass Gain
A couple of things to note: Musashi Bulk Mass Gain features a vitamin and mineral blend so if you're already taking a multi-vitamin, you may need to put that aside until you finish with Musashi Bulk Mass Gain.
As mentioned above, Musashi Bulk Mass Gain is a bulking supplement but it's not on the same level as Pro Gainer in terms of overall calories and carbohydrate content. This may be a good or bad thing depending on what you're after. Want to avoid fat gain while building muscle? Musashi Bulk Mass Gain is what you need.
What is Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer?
When size is all that matters, Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer may become your new favourite supplement. Featuring 650 calories per serving, Pro Gainer is going to be an effective way to get those extra calories you need for recovery and growth.
- Protein blend includes Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumin, Hydrolysed Whey Peptides, and Glutamine Peptides
- Offers 60 grams of protein
- Provides 85 grams of carbohydrates, making it an ideal post-workout supplement
- Ideal for size gains, regardless of muscle-to-fat ratio
Why You Should Use Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer
When used as directed, Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer may boost muscle recovery and protein synthesis while promoting muscle mass growth. (1-6) Pro Gainer is a big-name brand that provides you with a huge amount of calories. This is exactly what you need when you're chasing after size; however, you have to question what type of size you want.
Do you want to get huge no matter how much extra fat mass you pack on? Or do you want a leaner physique that emphasizes lean mass with as little fat as possible? If you want the former, go with Pro Gainer. Want the latter? Go with Musashi Bulk Mass Gain.
Things to Watch Out for with Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer
Just like with Musashi Bulk Mass Gain, Pro Gainer has a vitamin and mineral blend. If you are taking a multi-vitamin, then you may want to quit using it until after you're finished with Pro Gainer.
Also, Pro Gainer contains a lot of maltodextrin. This simple carbohydrate may spike blood sugar levels so the ideal time to use Pro Gainer is immediately after a workout or as soon as you wake up.
- Tsutsumi R, Tsutsumi YM. Peptides and proteins in whey and their benefits for human health. Austin J Nutri Food Sci 2014;1(1): 1002
- Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
- Norton, Layne, Layman, Donald. Leucine Regulates Translation Initiation of Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle after Exercise. J. Nutr. February 2006 vol. 136 no. 2 533S-537S.
- Negro M, Giardina S, Marzani B, Marzatico F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not enhance athletic performance but affects muscle recovery and the immune system. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008 Sep;48(3):347-51.
- Mourier A, Bigard AX, de Kerviler E, Roger B, Legrand H, Guezennec CY. Combined effects of caloric restriction and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in elite wrestlers. Int J Sports Med. 1997 Jan;18(1):47-55.
- De Lorenzo A, Petroni ML, Masala S, Melchiorri G, Pietrantuono M, Perriello G, Andreoli A. Effect of acute and chronic branched-chain amino acids on energy metabolism and muscle performance. Diabetes Nutr Metab. 2003 Oct-Dec;16(5-6):291-7.
- St-Onge MP, Bosarge A. Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Mar;87(3):621-6.