What is EHP Labs Beyond BCAA?
EHP Labs Beyond BCAA is a branched chain amino acid supplement that is an industry favourite thanks to its properly dosed amino acid formula. Featuring a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, respectively, Beyond BCAA may be able to help boost protein synthesis, trigger muscle growth, and support post-workout recovery.
- Provides 5 grams of BCAAs, which have proven to be essential for performance, growth, and recovery
- Features an electrolyte blend to support intra-workout performance
- B-Vitamin complex is essential for recovery
- Citrulline Malate has been suggested to promote intra-workout performance (1-6)
Why You Should Use EHP Labs Beyond BCAA
What are your fitness goals?
Do you want to increase lean muscle tissue?
Looking to promote healthy weight loss?
Need to recover faster?
An elite branched chain amino acid supplement can help you achieve all of these goals. The amino acids that you’ll find in EHP Labs Beyond BCAA are properly dosed to take advantage of the scientifically validated 2:1:1 ratio for maximum benefits.
BSN Amino X offers a greater dosage of amino acids at 10 grams per serving; however, BSN does not include a breakdown of the quantity of each ingredient. Without knowing the exact amount of the essential amino acids per serving, you can’t know if you’re getting the 2:1:1 ratio that is so critical for results. You can easily reach a pure 10-gram dosage of Beyond BCAA by simply doubling the dose, assuming you aren’t worried about cost.
Things to Watch Out for with EHP Labs Beyond BCAA
Continuing with the idea above with getting a 10-gram dosage from Beyond BCAA, the label advertises itself as a 10-gram dosage. The truth is that Beyond BCAA requires you to double the dosage if you want reach that 10-gram dose. BSN Amino X, on the other hand, provides 10 grams of amino acids with one serving. The catch there is that you don’t know the exact amount of each amino acid. This results in something of a draw for both brands, making them equal with the amino acids they provide in a single serving.
What is BSN Amino X?
Amino X features a unique amino acid and electrolyte blend. Not only will you find essential amino acids, which are necessary for muscle growth, performance, and recovery but you’ll also get a variety of non-essential amino acids that can further your fitness gains.
- Provides 10 grams of amino acids for performance and muscle building
- Electrolyte blend supports intra-workout performance
- Features Taurine to boost energy levels
- L-Citrulline is included and this may help to boost nitric oxide production (1-6)
Why You Should Use BSN Amino X
BSN Amino X is a high performing amino acid supplement that features the essentials as well as some extras that have all been suggested to support your fitness goals.
At 10 grams per serving, BSN Amino X may arguably be superior to EHP Labs Beyond BCAA; however, this cannot be confirmed because Amino X uses a proprietary blend. Within a proprietary blend, you aren’t told the exact amount of the ingredients that you’re getting. Still, with that said, at 10 grams, there is a good chance that Amino X is following the scientifically proven 2:1:1 ratio.
What’s more, Amino X provides electrolytes to help support performance along with a few other non-essential amino acids, which may promote energy levels and recovery. (1-6)
Things to Watch Out for With BSN Amino X
The only thing you have to be aware of is that BSN Amino X uses a proprietary blend, which means it’s a guessing game with the exact amount of each ingredient. EHP Labs doesn’t do this and that alone may be the deciding factor for you.
However, at 10 grams per serving, there’s a good chance that your body is getting an effective dose of amino acids without the need to double dose.
You have two highly effective amino acid supplements that can both do an excellent job at supporting your fitness goals of muscle building, weight loss, and performance enhancement.
If you aren’t a fan of putting your trust into proprietary blends then you may opt to go with the EHP Labs Beyond BCAA. If you want a high dose per serving of different essential amino acids, then your best bet is BSN Amino X.
Still not sure? Try both and see which one your body responds best to.
- Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
- Norton, Layne, Layman, Donald. Leucine Regulates Translation Initiation of Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle after Exercise. J. Nutr. February 2006 vol. 136 no. 2 533S-537S.
- Negro M, Giardina S, Marzani B, Marzatico F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not enhance athletic performance but affects muscle recovery and the immune system. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008 Sep;48(3):347-51.
- Mourier A, Bigard AX, de Kerviler E, Roger B, Legrand H, Guezennec CY. Combined effects of caloric restriction and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in elite wrestlers. Int J Sports Med. 1997 Jan;18(1):47-55.
- De Lorenzo A, Petroni ML, Masala S, Melchiorri G, Pietrantuono M, Perriello G, Andreoli A. Effect of acute and chronic branched-chain amino acids on energy metabolism and muscle performance. Diabetes Nutr Metab. 2003 Oct-Dec;16(5-6):291-7.
- Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215-22. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181cb28e0.