As more and more studies are pouring out about the benefits of vegetables, dark leafy greens in particular, it's no wonder why so people are scrambling to find the best ways to boost their veggie consumption. Current recommendations are 8 to 10 servings of vegetables and fruits each day! As we all know, getting in those numbers may prove to be tricky with our chaotic schedules. Vital Greens is a supplement designed to help us reach our vegetable intake through a comprehensive powder jam-packed with vegetables, fruits, super foods, and much more. Let's take a look at what Vital Greens really offers to see if it's worth the buy.
PROS OF VITAL GREENS
As soon as you turn to read the label, you will be amazed at the amount of healthy ingredients you'll find inside this powder. Vital Greens has broken down all of its ingredients into several categories:
- Greens, vegetables & high nutrients
- Antioxidant & immune support
- Probiotics and prebiotics, digestive system & enzymes
- Herbs for nervous system support
- Additional vital vitamins & minerals
- Liver support herbs
- Alkalising vegetable protein
Let's take a closer look at the greens category as this may be the main reason you're considering purchasing it. Vital Greens contains a number of dark leafy green, vegetable, and super food extracts that have all been recommended as some of your best options. Here are a few highlighted ingredients:
- Powerful antioxidant
- May act as a natural anti-inflammatory
- May support health cholesterol and blood pressure levels (1)
- Famous superfood
- May help to alleviate side effects associated with chemotherapy
- May boost your health against oxidative stress (2)
Wolfberry (Goji) Fruit Extract
- Super berry
- May promote gastrointestinal health
- May boost mood and mental wellbeing (3)
Here are the rest of the ingredients that you'll get in the greens blend.
- Organic Barley Sprouts
- Bilberry Fresh Fruit Extract
- Licorice Root
- Organic Apple
- Acerola Fruit Extract
- Rosehip Fruit
- Organic Chorella
- Carica Papaya
- Red Beet
- Hawthorne Fruit Extract
- Organic Kale Sprouts
- Organic Brocoli Sprouts
- Carrot Root
- Kelp Whole Plant
- Pineapple Fruit Juice Extract
- Spinach Leaf
Sounds great, right? Remember that the ingredients listed above are ONLY the greens blend. You have several other blends with ingredients that are suggested to benefit your overall health in so many ways. This is what we love about Vital Greens: They give you a very well-rounded blend of some of the most trusted super foods in the industry. With that said, it's going to be difficult to find such a well-designed blend made right here at home (in Australia).
CONS OF VITAL GREENS
If you immediately thought to yourself, 'How's it possible you're getting the ideal dosage of EVERY ingredient with just one serving?' then you're on to something. When you have this many great ingredients, cutting corners is bound to happen. That's our only issue with Vital Greens: Some of the ingredients are dosed right where they need to be to see the greatest benefit and others are not.
The simple solution to this may not be the most cost effective one but it's still a solid option: double up the serving size. Instead of using just one serving per day, try one in the morning and one at night. This is especially useful if you're a very active and athletic person.
SHOULD YOU BUY VITAL GREENS
If you are someone who just isn't getting the amount of greens and super foods into your diet that you wish you could, then Vital Greens is definitely for you. It contains a wide range of the best vegetables, fruits, herbs, and super foods. Most of these ingredients are properly dosed to give you the best benefits. For those of you who maintain a very active lifestyle, try doubling up the serving. Click here to buy Vital Greens.
- Ruitang Deng and Te-Jin Chow. Hypolipidemic, Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory Activities of Microalgae Spirulina.Cardiovasc Ther. 2010 Aug; 28(4): e33–e45. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5922.2010.00200.x
- Bar-Sela G, Cohen M, Ben-Arye E, Epelbaum R. The Medical Use of Wheatgrass: Review of the Gap Between Basic and Clinical Applications. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2015;15(12):1002-10.
3. Amagase H, Nance DM. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical study of the general effects of a standardized Lycium barbarum (Goji) Juice, GoChi. J Altern Complement Med. 2008 May;14(4):403-12. doi: 10.1089/acm.2008.0004.