What is EHP Labs Beyond BCAA?
EHP Labs Beyond BCAA is an exclusive branched chain amino acid supplement that features a 2:1:1 ratio of the proven amino acids, Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, respectively. It's also packed with a unique vitamin, mineral, and electrolyte blend to support intra-workout performance and post-workout recovery.
- Provides 5 grams of BCAAs for muscle building and recovery
- Includes B-vitamin complex
- Citrulline Malate has been added to support athletic performance
- Electrolyte blend helps to replenish nutrients lost during exercise (1-6)
Why You Should Use EHP Labs Beyond BCAA
Branched chain amino acids are critical if you want to trigger protein synthesis, increase muscle growth, and support rapid recovery. EHP Labs Beyond BCAA is a unique blend of the most important amino acids along with proven ingredients for recovery and performance.
At 5 grams of BCAAs per serving, EHP Labs holds a firm command as a strong industry average. In fact, many studies recommend the 5-gram dosage. SciVation Xtend BCAAs pulls ahead of EHP Labs in this area as it provides 7 grams of BCAAs per serving without the need to double the dose as you do with Beyond BCAAs. More on that below.
Things to Watch Out for with EHP Labs Beyond BCAA
The advertising of the EHP Labs Beyond BCAA claims the product contains 10 grams of BCAAs per serving. They are basing this on you doubling the dose, which would cut the product life in half. Keep in mind that per serving, you're only getting 5 grams of BCAAs. However, this should be more than enough, of course, especially if you're using protein supplement in addition to BCAAs.
What is SciVation Xtend BCAAs?
SciVation Xtend BCAAs is a high level branched chain amino acid supplement providing you with 7 grams of the essential amino acids per serving. Used as directed, Xtend BCAAs may promote muscle building and recovery.
- Provides 7 grams of BCAAs for performance and muscle building
- Includes Vitamin B-6
- Electrolyte blend supports intra-workout performance
- Citrulline Malate boosts recovery and performance (1-6)
Why You Should Use SciVation Xtend BCAAs
At 7 grams of BCAAs per serving, SciVation Xtend BCAAs is an above-average amino acid supplement that has been dosed with the top performers in mind. Maintaining the proven 2:1:1 ratio, SciVation Xtend BCAAs out performs EHP Labs for total BCAA content without the need for a second scoop of the product.
Just like Beyond BCAAs, SciVation Xtend BCAAs contains other ingredients including an electrolyte blend and Citrulline Malate. The two are neck and neck in this category except that EHP Labs has included a B-vitamin complex. This can be a pro or a con, depending on what other supplements you're taking.
Things to Watch Out for With SciVation Xtend BCAAs
SciVation Xtend BCAAs is an excellent recovery and performance product and the only thing you would need to watch out for would be if you're living a lifestyle that is free of artificial sweeteners and flavours because this product has both.
There is no denying that both of these products are top-notch. It really comes down to whether you want or need all of the extras that EHP Labs provides. If you are looking for a straight BCAA-focused supplement dosed at the highest level then SciVation Xtend BCAAs may be your best bet. We'd recommend trying both to see which one you see better results with.
- Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
- Norton, Layne, Layman, Donald. Leucine Regulates Translation Initiation of Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle after Exercise. J. Nutr. February 2006 vol. 136 no. 2 533S-537S.
- Negro M, Giardina S, Marzani B, Marzatico F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not enhance athletic performance but affects muscle recovery and the immune system. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008 Sep;48(3):347-51.
- Mourier A, Bigard AX, de Kerviler E, Roger B, Legrand H, Guezennec CY. Combined effects of caloric restriction and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in elite wrestlers. Int J Sports Med. 1997 Jan;18(1):47-55.
- De Lorenzo A, Petroni ML, Masala S, Melchiorri G, Pietrantuono M, Perriello G, Andreoli A. Effect of acute and chronic branched-chain amino acids on energy metabolism and muscle performance. Diabetes Nutr Metab. 2003 Oct-Dec;16(5-6):291-7.
- Pérez-Guisado J, Jakeman PM. Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 May;24(5):1215-22. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181cb28e0.