Heart & Circulation
1. Plant sterols-these are derived from plant-based foods and are used to enrich margarines and other foods. Many human and animal studies conclude that plant sterol-enriched products lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
2. Nicacin-also known as Vitamin B3, it is a well-accepted treatment for high cholesterol. It actually raises HDL (good) cholesterol and lowers triglyceride levels.
3. Coenzyme Q10-this is produced by the body and is necessary for basic cell functioning. Small studies have suggested that CoQ10 may reduce chest pain or angina. For people with clogged arteries, CoQ10 may make exercise easier.
In terms of circulatory health, taking supplements with the following ingredients will prove beneficial:
1 Gingko biloba-this is a natural herb that assists in the promotion of proper blood circulation and is also used in the treatment of many heart ailments.
2. Cayenne pepper-sold in various forms from whole vegetables to pill supplements, cayenne pepper can also assist in the promotion of proper blood circulation. They contain a chemical called capsaicin which assists in limiting the sticky quality of blood platelets. These platelets are responsible for promoting blood clotting in order to help prevent blood loss from an injury.
3. Ginger root-ginger has the unique ability to act as a natural blood thinner, which is vital to people dealing with blood clots or high blood pressure.