What is Dymatize ISO 100?
When it comes to getting the foundational needs for muscle growth, Dymatize ISO 100 is one of the best in the business. Providing you with 25 grams of pure whey protein isolate, you can rest assured that this post-workout recovery drink is going to push you towards the body you've always wanted.
- 25 grams of protein from hydrolyzed isolate and whey isolate
- Rapid digestion and assimilation
- No fat and only 1 gram of carbohydrates
- Barebones formula without any unnecessary ingredients
Why You Should Use Dymatize ISO 100
Dymatize ISO 100 is an incredible choice for your muscle building needs. As a protein isolate, it is able to deliver a rush of amino acids immediately to the muscle tissue. This means that it's going to be ideal for a post-workout meal. International Protein Amino Charged WPI is also an isolate-focused protein supplement with added amino acids, which allows it to provide 35 grams of protein per serving.
Protein supplementation, especially post-workout, has been shown to provide the necessary elements to protect muscle mass, support muscle growth, and trigger protein synthesis for recovery. (1-6)
Things to Watch Out for with Dymatize ISO 100
It's extremely difficult to look at Dymatize ISO 100 and try to pinpoint something that's wrong with it. If you are an advocate of an all-natural diet, then you may not like the added sweeteners and flavouring; however, you'll be hard pressed to find a supplement that doesn't contain those.
What is International Protein Amino Charged WPI?
A brand that was designed for serious weightlifters and bodybuilders, International Protein Amino Charged WPI is a whey protein isolate supplement that has one of the highest grams per serving dosage of protein in the industry. When you want to support your muscle gains and promote a faster recovery, International Protein Amino Charged WPI may be the protein you've always wanted.
- 35 grams of protein per serving!
- Contains added glutamine and arginine
- Ideal for post-workout recovery and muscle growth
- Straight forward formula
Why You Should Use International Protein Amino Charged WPI
International Protein Amino Charged WPI is a bodybuilder's dream protein. It's packed with 35 grams of protein isolate per serving. That's above and beyond the industry standard. You can use International Protein Amino Charged WPI for more than muscle recovery post-workout. It makes an excellent meal replacement shake if you're trying to cut or lose weight.
Things to Watch Out for with International Protein Amino Charged WPI
Although it may contain 35 grams of protein, there's a good chance the numbers were boosted from the addition of glutamine and arginine. There's a common industry practice called nitrogen spiking. This is where amino acids are added to a protein powder to give it a higher dosage per serving.
In reality, International Protein Amino Charged WPI may only provide you with 25 to 30 grams of protein. That's still a great dosage and much higher than most. Dymatize ISO 100 provides 25 grams of protein per serving without the use of additional amino acids.
When it comes to comparing two heavy hitters, it's going to be a tough call. Both of these protein isolate supplements are top notch and industry favourites. Both are going to support your goals, despite the nitrogen spiking found with International Protein. It's going to come down to cost and a matter of preference. One may simple taste better or you may see better results with one over the other. We'd recommend buying both and making your own judgement call. Either way, you'll be using an incredible protein supplement.
- Tsutsumi R, Tsutsumi YM. Peptides and proteins in whey and their benefits for human health. Austin J Nutri Food Sci 2014;1(1): 1002
- Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
- Norton, Layne, Layman, Donald. Leucine Regulates Translation Initiation of Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle after Exercise. J. Nutr. February 2006 vol. 136 no. 2 533S-537S.
- Negro M, Giardina S, Marzani B, Marzatico F. Branched-chain amino acid supplementation does not enhance athletic performance but affects muscle recovery and the immune system. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008 Sep;48(3):347-51.
- Mourier A, Bigard AX, de Kerviler E, Roger B, Legrand H, Guezennec CY. Combined effects of caloric restriction and branched-chain amino acid supplementation on body composition and exercise performance in elite wrestlers. Int J Sports Med. 1997 Jan;18(1):47-55.
- De Lorenzo A, Petroni ML, Masala S, Melchiorri G, Pietrantuono M, Perriello G, Andreoli A. Effect of acute and chronic branched-chain amino acids on energy metabolism and muscle performance. Diabetes Nutr Metab. 2003 Oct-Dec;16(5-6):291-7.