A quick and easy summer dessert you will surely love! This recipe uses fresh Watermelon, a good source of antioxidants. It is fat free but helps in energy production and protects against macular degeneration.
1. Using a blender or food processor, puree the seedless watermelon, ginger powder, lime juice and honey until smooth.
2. Pour into a wide, shallow pan or container, and freeze for about an hour.
3. Remove from freezer, and use a fork to scrape and mix the mixture, breaking up any forming ice crystals, particularly along the edges. Place back in freezer and freeze for another hour.
4. Remove from freezer, scrape and mix again with a fork, return to freezer for another hour.
5. After three hours total in the freezer, your watermelon granita should be nice and icy, and ready to serve.
6. For a gourmet presentation, serve in individual martini or parfait glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves.