This tuna and sweet potato recipe is an excellent source of protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber which helps prevent heart disease and regulate blood pressure. A heart healthy dish with a crunch!
1. Place potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium after 5 minutes. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender.
2. Transfer to a large bowl. Roughly mash. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Add boiled tuna, lemon rind, chives, egg, oatmeal, salt and pepper to potato. Mash tuna and stir to combine all ingredients.
4. Lightly coat patties with breadcrumbs.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
5. Spread cut sides of rolls with half the mayonnaise.
6. Top roll bases with spinach, patties and remaining mayonnaise. Sandwich with roll tops.