This Asian inspired dish is a very good source of lean, high quality protein. Protein is an essential nutrient and also plays an important role in assisting overweight and obese people in losing weight fast. A simple yet exciting dish for the whole family!
1. Wash the chicken breast and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into pieces.
2. Marinate in soy sauce with crushed garlic and ginger, sea salt and pepper for 10 minutes.
3. Stack one 25cm (10 inch) bamboo steamers in a wok and add enough water to the wok so that the water reaches just below the bottom steamer. Bring the water to the boil.
4. Steam the chicken pieces for 30 minutes turning the chicken pieces once during cooking. Cover lid.
5. To test the chicken, pierce the thickest part of the pieces with a skewer. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
6. Serve immediately on individual plates or from the bamboo steamers with the ginger garlic dipping sauce, steamed rice and wok-fried Asian greens.