If you are looking for the best vegetarian lasagna recipe available on the internet, then you have come to the right place! Tasty and very nutritious, it is packed with fiber, potassium and folate which promotes digestive and cardio-vascular health.
1. Cook lasagna noodle as directed in the package.
2. Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
3. In a food processor blend tomatoes(deseeded), garlic, dried herbs, fresh basil leaves, salt and pepper for 1 minute. Drizzle with olive oil and liquify for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. Thinly slice eggplant into rounds and lay on a paper towel.
5. Mix cottage cheese and spinach together in a large bowl.
6. Using a baking pan, spread a layer of sauce and then place a tender lasagna noodle on top.
7. Layer with spinach-cottage cheese mix, tomato sauce, eggplant slices and then a noodle. Repeat this procedure for the next layers.
8. Place some tomato sauce and eggplant slices on the last layer and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
9. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350°F.
10. Slice and serve in a plate. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.