A perfect hot drink recipe for a cold winter day, a combination of flavors from apple cider, mixed spice, lemon peel and maple syrup in one drink. Very easy to prepare and healthy too, it only has 95 kcalories per serve!
1. Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
2. Add the mixed spice and lemon peel into the cider mixture.
3. Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot but not boiling.
4. Remove the cider from the heat. Strain lemon peel and discard.
5. Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.