"Pork Menudo" or Stewed Pork with Vegetables in Tomato Sauce recipe is a Filipino favorite dish you can serve for dinner, simple gatherings or special occasions. A perfect blend of tangy tomatoes and the sweetness of raisins. It is also nutrient dense, it provides our body with proteins (from meat), antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals (from vegetables). A perfect meal to surprise your family!
1. In a large pan or wok, saute onion, garlic and tomatoes.
2. Add the pork and soy sauce; Cook for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Add tomato paste and water. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the peas, carrots, raisins, capsicum and potatoes. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the pork and vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve in platter or with steamed rice.