This dessert using sugar substitute for the meringue, and buttermilk thicken with flour for cream substitute, makes this nation's favorite dessert a healthier alternative.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F or 150 degrees C
2. Draw a 18 cm circle in a baking sheet, dust with 1 teaspoon of cornflour.
3. Place eggwhites in a bowl, add cream of tartar, using an electric mixer, whisk until it forms soft peaks, add sugar 1 tablespoons at a time, whisk until thick and glossy, add the remaining cornflour with the last tablespoon of sugar. Fold in vinegar and vanilla.
4. Spoon meringue into the baking sheet to circles with the pencil mark as a guide.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minute or until dry and crisp.
6. Leave in oven to cool.
7. For the cream, Thicken milk with all purpose flour in a saucepan over medium heat with continous stirring. Cool.
8. Top the meringue with cream with blueberries and raspberries.