A great tasting dinner recipe that only takes 15 minutes to prepare! Trout fillets, oranges and capers are the main ingredients in this heart healthy recipe. Only 173 kcalories per serve, a low-calorie dish you and your loved ones will surely enjoy!
1. Squeeze juice of one orange. Set juice aside.
2. Score 2 crosswise slits (skin deep only) into each trout fillet using a very sharp knife. Turn the fillets over and season the flesh with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the fillets, skin side up, and cook until golden brown -- about 3-5 minutes.
4. Flip and continue to cook until cooked through and the skin begins to crisp around the edges -- about 3 more minutes.
5. Transfer the fillets to a serving dish and keep warm.
6. Add butter to the hot skillet and cook until just brown.
7. Immediately stir in the onion, capsicum, orange juice, parsley and capers. Remove from heat.
7. Pour the sauce over the fillets and serve immediately.