A light and simple cake with a hint of cornmeal accented by a citrus flavour. Great for breakfast, brunch or snack! It only has 112.7 kcal per serve!
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Brush the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan with oil; line the bottom of the pan with wax paper or parchment paper, and brush the top of the paper with oil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, 1 cup of the sugar, and orange juice until smooth. Add flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and orange zest; whisk lightly to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan; sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Bake until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25-35 minutes.
5. Cool the cake in the pan 20 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cake to separate it from the edge of the pan. Invert the cake gently onto a plate, and remove the parchment paper. Re-invert the cake onto a rack to cool completely before serving.
6. Place in serving dish and cut into 10 equal slices.
8. Serve and enjoy.