Honey has long been a staple in supermarkets all across the globe. In fact, it has been used by the human race for a good 2,500 years now. Many people enjoy it immensely. You can eat it directly, put it on 100% whole-wheat bread or your wheatgrass drink for an added kick. You can mix it with naturally-squeezed juice instead of sugar. It can also be mixed with different herbs to make medicine. The possibilities are simply endless.
However, it would also be good to enjoy honey knowing how good it is for your body.
Here are some of the honey benefits of this remarkable natural sweetener:
1. Sweetener-instead of sugar which is mostly empty calories, use honey whenever you need to sweeten your food or drinks.
2. Energy source-honey contains about 64 calories per tablespoon. Since the carbohydrates in honey can be easily converted to glucose, it is very easy to digest.
3. Weight loss-honey when consumed with warm water helps in digesting the fat stored in your body. Some potent weight-loss combinations are lemon juice with honey and cinnamon and honey.
4. Improved athletic performance-honey is an excellent ergogenic aid which boosts athletic performance. It maintains blood sugar levels, muscle recuperation and glycogen restoration after a workout.
5. Vitamin and mineral source-honey is an abundant source of vitamin C, calcium and iron-a far cry from what regular sugar has to offer.
6. Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties-because of these properties, honey can be used as a natural antiseptic.
7. Antioxidant properties-honey contains nutraceuticals which remove free radicals from the body. This, in turn, improves the immune system.
8. Skin care-a milk and honey combination forms an effective one-two punch in getting smooth skin. Consuming milk and honey in the morning is a common practice in many countries.
9. Upper respiratory infection treatment-this especially applies to children. A study of 105 children with upper respiratory tract infections (seven days or less of night-time coughing) whose ages range from 2-18 reveals a single dose of buckwheat honey was an effective alternative treatment for nocturnal cough and sleep difficulty, according to the World's Healthiest Foods.
Amino Z Products with Honey
Do take time to check out some of our products with honey:
Nutra-life organic Aloe Vera + Active Manuka Honey Juice
Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Oats and Whey 1.36 kg
Labrada Cookie Roll 80g
Never take what bees produce for granted. Honey has been around for thousands of years and rightfully so, as it will be a permanent fixture in our kitchens and supermarkets.