Try these yummy chocolate treat that is preservative free, protein-rich, low- fat, GI and calories. It is so easy to make and a lot cheaper than store brought. These bars are perfect for on-the-go breakfast or snack!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Mix the egg whites and uncooked oatmeal. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Lightly grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
4. Spread the mixture in an even layer, over the bottom of the dish.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edge starts to pull away from the sides of the dish. Place in a rack, let stand to cool.
6. Cut into 10 bars and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Note: you can also add raisins or dried apricots in the mixture if desired.