A favorite party snack and appetizer, this recipe is simple and easy to make. Grilled zucchini combined with the creamy texture of cheese and herbs makes this a flavorful snack. Zucchini is made up of more than 95% water and also low in calorie, hence it is beneficial to those people who are on a diet and aiming to lose weight.
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
2. Cut zucchini in long thin slices. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides.
3. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper.
4. Grill until tender, about 5 minutes per side.
5. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, cottage cheese and mixed herbs, mashing together with a fork.
6. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice.
7. Top with a few spinach leaves.
8. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter.
9. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices.
10. Serve and enjoy!