Taking supplements for healthier hair, nails and skin will revitalise these body parts, making you look and feel good in the process.
Normally, supplements for hair, nails and skin contain the following beneficial ingredients:
1. Biotin—this is a water soluble B vitamin. It is a sulphur-containing vitamin that is involved in energy metabolism, urea formation, protein synthesis, glucose formation and fatty acid synthesis.
It exists in food and supplements and is also manufactured by intestinal bacteria. Biotin plays an important role in energy production and fat metabolism.
Biotin has an important role in the growth and maintenance of hair and nails. A biotin deficiency will typically result in hair loss and brittle nails. In many cases, taking supplements with biotin may even help to stimulate new hair and nail growth.
Even if a person has normal biotin levels, he or she may choose to take it as a supplement to capitalise on its ability to stimulate rapid hair and nail growth.
2. Silica—it is a non-metallic element which is the second-most abundant on earth. It is also the second-most common element that comprises nearly 28 percent of the earth’s crust and occurs naturally as silicon dioxide or flint.
In the body, it is found abundantly in collagen which is the most-needed component to maintain youthful, healthy skin. It slows tissue degeneration leading to aged, sagging, worn-looking skin.
By supporting collagen formation, silica helps eliminate minor and severe skin problems which include acne, eczema, rashes, warts, calluses and age spots. In terms of hair health, silica promotes healthy hair growth and helps prevent baldness.
3. Horsetail—this is a plant that contains the most amount of silica in the plant kingdom. This silica content helps strengthen weak, brittle and damaged hair, giving it vitality with regular use.
Horsetail has a high mineral level which includes selenium, potassium and manganese. The saponins and flavonoids it contains help skin regenerate. They also help improve elasticity of skin and hair, promoting hair growth along the way.
Horsetail is typically taken as tea, tincture or applied topically as shampoo, conditioner, soak or healing balm. As a healing balm, it is used in many treatments for pattern balding.
There are also other vitamins found in certain supplements which are deemed to be very beneficial for better-looking hair, nails and skin:
1. Vitamin C—this is a water-soluble vitamin and is also an antioxidant, protecting hair, nails and skin from free radicals. Not only is it necessary for manufacturing collagen, a protein that is used when producing skin and scar tissue, it is also vital in preventing dry hair and skin.
2.Vitamin E—this vitamin protects the hair, skin and nails from free radicals and is also responsible for stimulating blood flow, a process that aids in their growth. Vitamin E also helps to prevent dry hair and split ends.
3. Vitamin A—Vitamin A also acts as an antioxidant for the hair, nails and skin. It is essential for contributing to the regular production and repair of the skin and hair. It is also important in the prevention of dry hair and skin by enhancing the production of sebum.
To conclude, try giving some hair, nails and skin supplements a shot not only to look good, but to boost your overall confidence as well!
Amino Z Hair, Nails and Skin Supplements:
Check out some of our great hair, nails and skin supplements today:
Bioglan Maxidene Intensive Repair 90 Tablets
Blackmores Silica Compound 84 Tablets
Herbs of Gold Natural Salmon Oil 400 Capsules
Herbs of Gold Ultra Silica Complex 30 Tablets
Blackmores Nails, Hair and Skin 60 Tablets