Gazpacho is a cold vegetable soup rich in lycopene a natural antioxidant that may help prevent against certain cancers. It is often defined as a liquid salad. Most indicated for the hottest days of summer.
1. With a vegetable peeler, slice one-quarter of the cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons and set aside until required.
2. Use a sharp knife to finely chop the remaining cucumber.
3. Place the chopped cucumber, tomato, capsicum, garlic, chili and water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour gazpacho into a plastic container. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
5. Ladle the gazpacho among serving bowls.
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle with croutons and garnish with corriander leaves and cucumber ribbons.