An Asian inspired vegetable dish loaded with fibre, vitamins and minerals. Very easy to make and you can put anything your heart desires into it!
1. Prepare Peanut Sauce: In a small saucepan, dilute cornstarch in water. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add peanuts, soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it forms a thick sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. Slice vegetables into thin strips. Chop prawns, spring onions and coriander leaves.
3. Place skillet in medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Saute carrot strips and cook for 5 minutes. Add prawns, noodles, spring onions and coriander leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Soak one spring-roll wrapper at a time in a shallow dish of very hot water until softened, about 30 seconds. Lift out, let excess water drip off and lay on a clean, dry cutting board.
6. Center vegetables in the bottom third of the wrapper, leaving a 1-inch border on either end. (Put fresh lettuce and alfalfa sprouts first and then the cooked vegetables)
7. Fold the wrapper over the filling.
8. Start rolling into a tight cylinder.
9. Stop rolling about halfway to fold in both sides.
10. Continue rolling until the spring roll is like a tight cylinder.
11. Assemble the remaining spring rolls the same way. Keep the finished rolls covered with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out.
12. Cut each finished roll in half just before serving (if desired).
13. Serve with Peanut Sauce and enjoy!