Cranberries may help combat heart disease and cancer. Not only that, it also associated with decreased production of cavity and plaque producing bacteria in your mouth. In this recipe we use wholemeal flour and cornmeal which make this pancake a lot healthier.
1. Bring about 2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
2. Add cranberries, boil for 1 and a half minutes.
3. Drain and cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cornmeal, honey, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl.
5. Whisk milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a small bowl until combined.
6. Stir drained cranberries into the milk mixture and combine well.
7. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
8. Coat a large nonstick skillet pan with cooking spray or 1 teaspoon canola oil, heat over medium heat.
9. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook 2 pancakes at one time until bubbles dot the surface, 3 minutes.
10. Turn over the pancakes and continue cooking until browned, 2 minutes or more. Repeat with the remaining batter.