Chicken with Sweet Peppers is a healthy, protein and antioxidant rich recipe. The savory flavor of chicken is perfectly blended with the watery, bitter, sweet and tangy flavor of peppers. Aside from the peppers colorful array and crunchy tasty, it contains an army of antioxidants which helps the body fight against harmful free radicals.
- In a bowl, make a sauce by mixing the soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, ginger, cornstarch, salt, water, garlic, and green onions. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts crosswise (against the grain) into 1/4 inch strips. Core and seed the peppers, and cut them into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat the oil in heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add the peppers, raise the heat to high, and cook, stirring with a large spoon for 2 minutes. The peppers should be crisp-tender. Remove them to a platter.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook, stirring, over high heat for 2 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Do not overcook.
- Return the peppers to the skillet. Stir the sauce and add it to the skillet. Cook, stirring, over high heat until the sauce thickens--about 20 seconds.