Treat your family with this Swedish inspired waffles that uses sour cream instead of milk, it adds a nice tang and balances the sweetness. It is then mixed with wholemeal flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar (Splenda Sugar Blend),eggs and cardamom for added flavor (Cardamom is a spice commonly used in Sweden). This awesome recipe is low in fat, GI and calorie. Best served with fresh berries.
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar (Splenda), baking powder, cardamom, baking soda and salt.
3. In a different bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Blend in the sour cream.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Blend in the melted butter.
5. Spoon and cook in the pre-heated waffle iron until golden brown about 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve waffles immediately while still hot with fresh berries and mint sprigs (optional).