Frittatas are basically baked omelet. This awesome recipe is protein, calcium, and vitamin C-rich. Great for breakfast or brunch!
1. Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
2. Whisk eggs, herbs, and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, and garlic; Cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes until soft and fragrant.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with 1 tablespoon cheese, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until puffy and lightly golden on top, 3-5 minutes.
6. Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Cut into 6 wedges.
7. Serve hot or cold.