Blueberries ranked as top of fruits highest in antioxidant, being very rich in anti oxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial), selenium, zinc, iron (promotes immunity by raising haemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood) etc. boost up your immune system and prevent infections. A healthy breakfast to start your day!
1. To cream the cottage cheese, drain and press dry cottage cheese, and cream in blender or food processor. Set aside.
2. To make toast mixture: Arrange half of bread cubes in 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish spayed with oil. Scatter cheese over bread. Sprinkle blueberries over cottage cheese.
3. Arrange remaining bread cubes over 1 cup blueberries.
4. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey and milk. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Cover. Chill overnight.
5. To bake toast mixture: Cover with foil. Spray foil with no stick Mazola to keep toast from sticking. Place in middle of oven.
6. Bake in 350-degree or 177-degree C oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil.
7. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
8. To make sauce: In small saucepan, mix together splenda, cornstarch and water.
9. Cook over moderate high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until thickened.
10. Stir in 1 cup blueberries. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until berries have burst.
11. Serve sauce with French toast.