Simply put, multivitamins are supplements which contain an assortment of vitamins needed by the body. It is an easy and inexpensive way to ensure certain nutritional gaps are filled.
Some of the benefits of taking multivitamins are as follows:
1. Improved physical and mental condition—daily intake of a multivitamin supplement can help in improving physical and mental health. Furthermore, it boosts different bodily functions and promotes overall well-being.
In addition, multivitamins contain B complex vitamins and vitamin C which may help boost the body’s energy levels.
2. Deficiency prevention—the body needs 13 essential vitamins. The vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, B complex and B12 are vital for the body to function properly. A lack of these vitamins may result in illness and other serious health complications. Taking a daily multivitamin will offset any potential deficiency and lower the risk of illness mortality.
3. Stress reduction—multivitamins help to combat daily stress. Since the body is exposed to different types of stressors daily, taking multivitamins helps to deal with them and eventually ward off any potential ailment.
4. Illness recovery—according to the National Institutes of Health Medline Plus, a multivitamin taken when a person is sick can immediately provide the body with the nutrients it needs to recuperate.
5. Prenatal health and lower birth anomalies—a pregnant woman has high vitamin needs because she’s supporting the life and nutritional needs of her baby. Doctors may suggest a prenatal multivitamin that provides a wide array of vitamins designed to provide the nutrients needed by the woman and the baby.
According to a 2006 meta-analysis published in the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada, regular use of a prenatal vitamin can help decrease the risk of numerous congenital anomalies in the baby.
When purchasing multivitamins, make sure they have Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K and folic acid for best results. Ideally, they should also contain the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of copper, zinc and iron.
Amino Z Multivitamin Products
Check out our awesome multivitamin product range today:
Swisse Women's Ultivite F1 120 Capsules
Swisse Men's Ultivite F1 120 Capsules
Blackmores Women's Vitality Multi 50 Tablets
Blackmores Men's Performance Multi 50 Tablets
Swisse Children's Ultivite 120 Tablets