Lean beef provides a very good source of protein and vitamin B12 and a good source of selenium, zinc, iron, phosphorus and B vitamins. Broccoli provides a high amount of vitamin C, which aids iron absorption in the body, prevents the development of cataracts, and also eases the symptoms of the common cold. The combination of this two main ingredients makes this dish extra healthy!
1. Marinate the beef in 1 teaspoon soysauce, half of rice wine, and 1/8 tsp. ground pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch. Let stand for 10 minutes
2. Prepare the sauce: Stir together oyster sauce, remaining rice wine, 1 Tablespoon soysauce, and chicken broth.
3. Blanch the broccoli: Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling, salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
4. Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact. Add the cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add the beef and immediately spread the beef out all over the surface of the wok or pan in a single layer (preferably not touching).
5. Let the beef fry undisturbed for 1 minute. Flip the beef slices over, add the garlic to the pan and fry for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until no longer pink.
6. Pour in the sauce, add the blanched broccoli and bring to a boil. Pour in the remaining cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablepoon water and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds. Serve.