These awesome salmon croquettes recipe is made with salmon fillets, these are baked not fried that's why it has lower amount of fat and calorie as compared to a traditional deep-fried croquettes. This versatile recipe is heart healthy and very delicious, you can serve it with bread, veggies, rice or simply as it is, as an appetizer to a party.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200C).
2. Heat oil in saucepan over low heat. Add onions, cook until translucent.
3. Add flour, stir until smooth about 1-2 minutes.
4. Gradually add in milk. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add salmon and half of corn flakes. Let stand to cool.
7. Chill for 30 minutes. Shape croquettes.
8. Roll in remaining corn flakes.
9. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for about 30 minutes or until brown.
10. Serve with low-fat dressing, bread or mixed veggies (optional).