Fresh pears and ground cinnamon are the main ingredients in this dessert recipe. Pears have low glycemic index (GI), but high in fiber which makes it a truly healthy dessert... It is also calcium rich and low in calories, just 108 kcalories per serve!
1. Preheat oven to 360 F (180 C).
2. Remove cores and cut into halves, leave stem intact.
3. Place in a mixing bowl, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon.
4. Toss until evenly coated.
5. Place in a large baking pan lined with baking paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until pears are tender and golden.
7. Serve baked pears with low-fat vanilla yoghurt and sprinkle with mixed grain cereals.