A rich and filling breakfast, brunch or picnic item. Asparagus, eggs, lemon juice and mozzarella cheese are the main ingredients of this low-fat, low-calorie dish. It is also protein, fibre and calcium-rich, a healthy way to start your day!
1. Wash the asparagus and trim them into 1-inch pieces.
2. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add the asparagus pieces. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Drain the asparagus and set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in the asparagus and lemon juice then season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. Reduce the heat to low and using the same skillet pour in the beaten eggs. Do not stir the mixture, cook until about to set (2-3 minutes).
5. Place the asparagus mixture in half portion of the egg then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold to enclose the asparagus filling. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side
6. Slice into four portions and garnish with sliced tomato (optional).
7. Serve immediately.