HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid) - Dual Action Fat Buster
Hydroxycitric acid, aka HCA, is a substance isolated from the exotic fruit Garcinia Cambogia. HCA is a safe, natural supplement for fat loss and weight management. HCA works by inhibiting the Key enzyme (called citrate lyase) that synthesizes fatty acids, cholesterol and triglycerides in the body. HCA also acts as an appetite suppressant and helps control cravings. Due to its ability to both prevent body fat from being made while suppressing appetite, HCA has been dubbed a “Dual Action Fat Buster”.
Supplementation with 2800-3000 mg/day of HCA has been shown to result in the following beneficial effects after 8 weeks of use.
• Reduces body weight.
• Curbs appetite and food intake.
• Increases excretion of urinary fat metabolites (a biomarker of fat burning).
• Lowers after-meal insulin response (and thereby indirectly help the body burn fat throughout the day).
• Boosts fat burning during exercise and enhances glycogen synthesis in exercised muscle .
• Helps overcoming obesity-related complications, including exercise-related inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance .
The HCA-induced elevation in serotonin levels, also known as the "feel good hormone", is especially beneficial for those with carb/sugar cravings, and as an adjunct to low-carb diets.
Superior bioavailability of Lean Body Garcinia Cambogia /HCA Until recently, HCA products were in a form that was not well absorbed. Lean Body Garcinia Cambogia /HCA contains a novel calcium-potassium salt of HCA derived from Garcinia cambogia, called Super CitriMax (aka HCA-SX), which has superior bioavailability, especially when taken on an empty stomach.