Tyrosine is a conditionally indispensable amino acid that is made from the essential amino acid phenylalanine. It plays many roles in the body. It regulates appetite and aids in melanin skin pigment production. An antidepressant effect and an increased sex drive in men have also been observed with tyrosine supplementation.
Updated information on tyrosine contains claims that the use of tyrosine does wonders for sports performance and weight loss. Some of these breakthrough properties include the following:
- Improves workout intensity, increases recuperation and prevents overtraining.
- Relieves stress (both life situation and exercise-related types)
- Relieves depression, burnout, anxiety and mental fatigue.
- Improves alertness and enhances cognitive performance
- Increases thermogenesis, lipolysis and maximises body composition
- Treats cocaine addiction caffeine withdrawal and other drug addictions
- Ameliorates premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
In terms of bodybuilding-related benefits, tyrosine is seen to be responsible for the release of Human Growth Hormone (HGH), which is responsible for muscle growth and body fat reduction. It is also shown to be an effective natural supplement for bodybuilders (particularly those who train twice a day) because it can offset muscle and mental fatigue during intense training.