BSN has long reigned over the pre-workout market with N.O. Xplode. This hard-hitting energy booster has been helping millions get pumped up to conquer their workouts with ease. As a long-standing pre-workout staple, N.O. Xplode has gone unchallenged for years. Despite the fanfare, BSN felt that as good of a pre-workout as N.O. Xplode was, it needed an upgrade for the more advanced user. This is how BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge was born. Let’s take a look at these two giants to see which one is worth the buy.
BSN N.O. Xplode
Where can I buy it?
- Click here to buy BSN N.O. Xplode.
Pros of BSN N.O. Xplode
First, let’s take a look at the pre-workout supplement that launched the BSN brand into stardom. One look at the N.O. Xplode label and it isn’t hard to see why this supplement became so popular. It features an all-star line-up of ingredients featured in easy to understand categories. For example, the Myogenic Matrix blend of ingredients features creatine and protein peptides, two ingredients that can help support strength intra-workout.
The Thermic Energy blend features caffeine, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, and a trademarked brand of caffeine cocrystal known as Purenergy. Together, these ingredients can help boost your energy levels to prepare you for the workout ahead.
The original N.O. Xplode formula is fantastic. It features several categories of ingredients that support muscle building and fat burning on all levels. You get energy boosting, strength support, and nootropic amplification. (1)
Cons of BSN N.O. Xplode
Like most BSN products, N.O. Xplode uses a proprietary blend. You know what ingredients are in the formula but you don’t know exactly how much. As we’ve discussed before with some BSN products, this is problematic because if you are trying to achieve a certain dosage level, you’ll never know if you achieve it. Still, considering the ingredients that are used, it’s easy to look past this issue.
BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge
Where can I buy it?
- Click here to buy BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge.
Pros of BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge
The question is, “How can BSN do better than the original formula?” We were wondering the same thing and once we saw the label, it immediately became clear why XE Edge is the long-awaited upgrade.
While many of the ingredients found in N.O. Explode can be found in XE Edge, the most dramatic difference is the energy-focused blend appropriately titled the “Super Leaf Energy Composite.” This blend starts out with caffeine then takes a sharp turn upward with the following:
- Powerful nootropic that may help boost focus, alertness, and cognitive processing.
- Similar to caffeine, this is an intense energy booster that also helps to amplify focus.
- High octane tea that contains the energy amplifier, Theobromine, as well as caffeine. (2-4)
This energy blend is a marked improvement from the original formula. It contains several long-lasting energy support ingredients that also act as nootropics, meaning you’ll feel the rush in mind and body.
Cons of BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge
With the exception of artificial flavouring and sweeteners, we couldn’t find anything wrong with BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge. Unlike its predecessor, BSN N.O. Xplode XE Edge tells you exactly what you’re getting and at what dose you’re getting those ingredients. This is a huge leap forward for the brand and one that will only secure it as the king of the pre-workout.
It’s not that N.O. Xplode is obsolete; it’s quite the opposite. N.O. Xplode is still a very relevant and competitive pre-workout supplement; however, if you’ve been using pre-workouts for a long time, your body may have become used to the same ingredients day-in and day-out. That’s where XE Edge comes in. This extreme pre-workout is for the fitness enthusiast who has been around the block a few times with supplements. If you’re a beginner, start with N.O. Xplode then graduate to the big leagues with N.O. Xplode XE Edge when you’re ready.
- Westerterp-Plantenga MS, Lejeune MP, Kovacs EM. Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation. Obes Res. 2005 Jul;13(7):1195-204.
- Park SJ, Park DH, Kim DH, Lee S, Yoon BH, Jung WY, Lee KT, Cheong JH, Ryu JH. The memory-enhancing effects of Euphoria longan fruit extract in mice. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010 Mar 2;128(1):160-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2010.01.001. Epub 2010 Jan 11.
- Daniel J. Kuhman, Keanan J. Joyner, and Richard J. Bloomer. Cognitive Performance and Mood Following Ingestion of a Theacrine-Containing Dietary Supplement, Caffeine, or Placebo by Young Men and Women. Nutrients. 2015 Nov; 7(11): 9618–9632.
- Kapp RW Jr, Mendes O, Roy S, McQuate RS, Kraska R. General and Genetic Toxicology of Guayusa Concentrate (Ilex guayusa). Int J Toxicol. 2016 Mar-Apr;35(2):222-42. doi: 10.1177/1091581815625594. Epub 2016 Jan 25.